Aaron's Pulmonary Sarcoidosis Story.......or not!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

OK, I'm convinced!

Yesterday was a bit of a downer for me since I was just feeling like hell!

I called and spoke to both my pulmonologist and general physician and insisted that I try the prednisone again to see if it helped at all. I was just miserable and was basically to the point that if I crawled in to bed I would be bed-ridden for awhile. Luckily, both didn't even hesitate and signed off immediately on it.

I stopped after work and picked up a prescription, but it was the wrong one. I called and was told to go ahead and take it for now, finish it and then go back on the other 'script, which was fine by me, I just wanted something in my system to help. So my pulmonologist put me on methylprednisonlone (yeah, say that 10 times fast!). I got home and took 2 right away, played with my son for about a 1/2 hour, took a nice hot shower, and settled in for the night by 6:45. I layed in bed for a few hours, but the more I just laid there, the better I felt and by 10:00 I was out cold for a change! I slept most of the night, just peeked open around 3:00 and then again around 4:15 before my alarm finally went off around 6am. I woke up and my chest was not hurting at all! What a relief!!!

So I'm on 2 more this morning and doing pretty good. Hopefully this is the trick!

I have my cardiologist appointment this afternoon, so we'll see what he has to say. Thursday is the thorasic surgeon. That's the one that's got me nervous. He's the one with the knife!!! Ugghh!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home