Aaron's Pulmonary Sarcoidosis Story.......or not!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The beginning........finally keeping track

Well,

This week has really started to show me that I should have been taking care of something a very long time ago.

Back in 2001 I was diagonosed with pulmonary sarcoidosis, by a doctor who performed a mediastenotomy (click on the name to learn more about it) on me.

It took several months for the results to come back, but it was very nice to find out that it was 'non-cancerous'! But that still left me puzzled as to what it was that I had and how I could have contracted the disorder.

I started doing some research on it thru the internet in 2001 and found that there was a hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, The National Institute of Health's Lung and Hearth division that was doing a test study on sarcoidosis. For the most part, I pretty much showed all signs of having the disease, but there were a few things that wouldn't put me at 100% for sure.

So I plan on using this page to start documenting my health better for my new doctors here in Naples, Florida help keep track of any changes more accurately.

This past weekend I ended up with some pretty serious swelling in my neck and my shoulders and luckily had a doctors appointment the following Monday. I struggled thru the pain and made it to Monday. I'm in some pretty good hands down here and working to catch them all up with what I have as well. It's all new to them right now not having seeing any of my old records to help guide them yet.

Let's see how this goes!

1 Comments:

  • 8/13/08 - Are you still dealing with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis? I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis Apr 2008. I'm very confused. I see a pulmonary Dr at Lahey Clinic, MA. I think I need to get a 2nd opinion. Perhaps Mass General Hosp in Boston that's a great hosp. The Pulmonary at Lahey Clinic original started treating me for Pulmonary Sarc, starting me on 60mg predn. I felt better. However, because my breathing test gave back great (on50mg predn)that now he said I don't have pulm sarc - but that you have swollen lymph nodes in your lungs - He never told me what that means. I also tested postive for sarcoidosis on my skin. I had a skin biopsy. Very confused!
    Linda -Boston

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home